This is the very first episode of Catfishing Radio from Learn To Catch Catfish. Catfishing Radio is our podcast radio show dedicated to the sport of fishing for catfish.
Because this is the very first episode of the Catfishing Radio podcast and I expect there will be a lot of people finding the podcast that have never visited Learn To Catch Catfish before, I spent a lot of time covering some of my background in fishing as well as why I started the Learn To Catch Catfish website as well as how I get started being a fishing guide, manufacturing catfish bait and everything else pertaining to my life involving fishing. That part of the show went on a little longer than I planned but it’s something that I only have to do once.
Since I started the site one thing I have struggled with is keeping up with the massive amounts of questions that get sent in each day and finding time to answer them all. In the Catfishing Radio podcast format I can cover a lot of topics in short amount of time and answer many of these questions that get submitted, because I can certainly talk much faster than I can type.
I had a lot of fun putting this together, much more than I thought I would and I am looking forward to doing future episodes of Catfishing Radio.
Once you get finished listening to the first episode, do me a favor and help me out by giving me some feedback. I am truly interested in what you think of the format of this, as well as any feedback on how I did with my first attempt at podcasting.
- Go down below and leave a comment and let me know
- Go to the Learn To Catch Catfish Facebook Page and leave a note there
- Go the iTunes page for Catfishing Radio and give us a star rating and write a review of the podcast (if you like it).
- If you like it, tell your friends!
In Episode 1 of Catfishing Radio:
- Introduction to me (Chad Ferguson) host of Catfishing Radio and Learn To Catch Catfish founder.
- My history fishing and fishing for catfish
- How I got started as a catfish guide and founded North Texas Catfish Guide Service
- How I accidentally fell into the catfish bait business manufacturing Redneck’s Catfish Bait Soap
- The history of Redneck’s Juglines
- How me waking up at 3 in the morning one night led to the beginning of Learn To Catch Catfish
- What my plans are for Catfishing Radio in the future
- How you can call into Catfishing Radio in the future and get your questions answered
- The web address that points directly to the podcasts section here on the website http://www.catfishingradio.com
Catfishing Questions and Answers Covered In Episode 1:
- Estimating weight of a catfish from length and girth and why that is difficult to do.
- Getting scales certified for weighing record fish, the process and what scales to use. (See Berkley Digital Scale)
- Chumming for channel catfish basics and when you can use catfish chum. (See chumming for catfish)
- How to make soured wheat catfish chum and catfishing with a baseball bat. (See catfishing with a baseball bat)
- Braided line and it’s uses for catfishing, why I am not a fan of it.
- The basics of spooling a baitcasting reel with PowerPro.
- Golden Algae, what it is and how it will effect the fish at Possum Kingdom Lake (See golden algae index)
- A question about the best places for catching blue catfish at Eagle Mountain Lake.
- Mounting rod holders on your boat and some basics on what to consider (See Xpress HD22CC and Bee Ready Rod Holders)
- Rod holder configuration for drift fishing
- Catching blue catfish with Sure Shot Catfish Punch Bait (See Sure Shot Catfish Bait and Catfish Punch Bait 101)