Back in November of last year I announced that I was going to release a podcast radio show called Catfishing Radio as another part of the Learn To Catch Catfish website. This is just another way for me to provide content and create a more interactive experience for visitors of Learn To Catch Catfish, and to help promote the sport of catfishing to anglers all across the country.
After months of working the bugs out and tinkering with equipment and software I finally got to a point where I could get some good audio quality and got all of the parts and pieces in place that I needed to launch Catfishing Radio.
The premise behind Catfishing Radio is actually something that a writer for a popular fishing magazine put in my head when I first started this website and the more I thought about it, the more interested I was in the concept.
Like everyone else, I stay busy all the time and don’t always have a lot of time to sit and read in front of the computer but I was always listening to music on my iPod , whether it be in my truck, working around the house or sitting around at the marina and I always have time for that because I work it into whatever else I am doing.
A year ago, I didn’t even know what a “podcast” was much less eve listened to one. Since the idea came up I started downloading and listening to several podcasts from websites that I follow closely (on a variety of subjects) and I have to say, I love It! Listening to podcasts gives me the chance to keep up on topics that I am interested in and allows me to do so on my own schedule whenever and wherever I am (I listened to the latest podcast on sturgeon fishing from Just Go Fishin the other day when I was in the dentist chair getting my teeth cleaned).
Catfishing Radio Episode 1 will be available in the next few days!
What Is Catfishing Radio
Well, first and foremost it is a work in progress. The first episode is my very first venture into this whole “podcasting thing” so I am sure there will be some learning involved to make it bigger and better.
On Catfishing Radio I will be:
- Answering some of the catfishing questions that get submitted through the ask a question page (which I have a major back log of).
- Creating episodes where I go into more detail on articles or videos that I have posted from catfish rigs to catfishing techniques and everything in between.
- Recording some in depth looks at different topics pertaining to fishing for blue catfish, channel catfish and flathead catfish.
- Interviewing other catfish guides, catfish bait manufacturers, biologists, tackle manufacturers and anyone else I can think of in regards to catfishing.
- Helping you with the information you need to catch more fish, bigger fish, or both!
At this point I am not sure if this is something I will do weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or exactly what the frequency will be, I am just going to have to see how it all shakes out!
How Do I Get Access To Catfishing Radio?
Catfishing Radio will be totally free!
You will be able to subscribe through iTunes and listen on your iPod (or other MP3 Player) or listen on your computer. At some point when I have a good amount of episodes together I may also offer them on CD’s so you can listen that way as well (but that is a long way off).
As soon as we are ready you will be able to subscribe to Catfishing Radio in iTunes and have it downloaded to your iPod or iPhone (more info on the link below).
If you have an MP3 player that is not an iPod or iPhone you can download the podcast from the website and upload it to your MP3 player (just like you would a song). Just right click on the podcast player, click “Save As” and save the file on your computer and then upload the file to your MP3 player.
If your not an iPod or MP3 player user you can just look for the posts on Learn To Catch Catfish when they are on the website and hit the “Play” button and listen there on your computer. You can also signup for a free account at iTunes and burn the files to a CD from your computer so you can listen in your car or on your home stereo (more info in the link below).
I Need Your Help
Next week I will be making the very first episode available. Once you have had a chance to listen, I need your help with a few things.
- Comment here on the website and let us know what you think, and be honest. If it stinks, I want to know.
- Go over to the Learn To Catch Catfish Facebook Page and leave us a comment there.
- Click the “Like” button below the post and let everyone know that you “Like” it.
- Go to the iTunes page for Catfishing Radio (will provide next week) and give us a STAR RATING on iTunes and write a review if you like the first podcast
- Tell all of your friends and have them visit Learn To Catch Catfish
One last thing. Just to make it easier to find the podcast episodes, I setup a website address of http://www.catfishingradio.com that will point directly to the podcasts here at the Learn To Catch Catfish website.